Dating back to 1836, the Royal Marines Barracks later served as the Exiles Club for a many number of years. Although the club itself is no longer in existence the building is commonly referred to by the name of its former inhabitants with the ground floor of the premises hosting a number of shops.
St Mary's Church was completed in 1861 and has been carefully renovated many times since. Inside are plaques commemorating many who died on the island both at sea and from illness. The church holds records of births, marriages, and deaths and is still used by the community today.
These ponds were first built in 1829 to keep green turtles alive before they were sold to ships or eaten on island. This practice stopped in the 1940s. After falling into disrepair from coastal erosion, funding from Blue Marine enabled AIG to restore the turtles ponds for continued community use.