A popular recreation spot which served as a fever station in the 19th century, attested to by the several small cemeteries that surround the area.
Fort Bedford is the most modern of the three naval forts that were built in Georgetown, constructed between 1903 and 1906. It overlooks Georgetown and Long Beach, and out over Clarence Bay. The guns of the fort were only ever fired once in WWII before the fort was deactivated.
The most significant fort on the island, mounted on a rock promontory overlooking Long Beach and the pier. A fort has stood on this site since at least 1822 and the current fort is open to the public throughout the day.
The original mountain barracks for Navy men dating from 1832, later converted to a cattle shed when the barracks were relocated to the Red Lion.
An historic mountain barracks and farm worker's residence. It currently houses a display area, lecture theatre and classroom facility.
Dating back to 1836, the Royal Marines Barracks later served as the Exiles Club for a many number of years. Although the club itself is no longer in existence the building is commonly referred to by the name of its former inhabitants with the ground floor of the premises hosting a number of shops.
St Mary's Church was completed in 1861 and has been carefully renovated many times since. Inside are plaques commemorating many who died on the island both at sea and from illness. The church holds records of births, marriages, and deaths and is still used by the community today.